No Classes the last week of August thru Labor Day!
The Studio is CLOSED the last week of August thru Labor Day.
August 25 - September 2
Our regular Class Schedule resumes Tuesday, September 3.
☀️⛱️Have a wonderful summer and enjoy this special time of year.
We look forward to seeing you we after Labor Day!⛱️☀️
Pop-Up Pilates Mat Class!! Wednesday, 8/14 at 6:00pm !!
Mondays in August at 6:00pm with Bonnie
Wednesday, August 14th at 6:00pm with Beth
To an outside observer, a mat Pilates class looks relatively benign, but it is actually very effective!
Through a strong mind-body connection, your muscles become toned and you improve your overall ability to execute coordinated movements.
Although Pilates does not offer tremendous aerobic conditioning, fitness professionals and health care providers agree that it offers many significant benefits.
What is a Mat Class like?
Pilates Mat Classes incorporate the fundamentals of Pilates, and follows the classical mat order. Much of the class is performed in a prone or supine position with slow movements.
Every Pilates move depends on the principles of concentration, control, fluidity, breath and balance. Although Pilates equipment is not utilized during mat classes, small exercise props such as Magic Circles, weights, bands and balls are often utilized to engage specific muscle groups and assist with body positioning.
What Level is this class?
While intermediate level exercises may be introduced, modifications are always provided.
Is it for you?
Our Pilates Mat classes are appropriate for all students. This 55-minute class is for ALL LEVELS of Pilates experience!
All are welcome.
Current Series Underway. Next Series begins Monday, September 9th!
Back Care Series
Current Series dates: July 22 - August 19
7/22, 7/29, 8/5, 8/12, & 8/19
Next Series: September 9 - October 7, 2019 22
9/9, 9/16, 9/23, 9/30, & 10/7
Give yourself the gift of knowledge and self care for your back!
For all those new to Iyengar yoga and the practice of back care, as well as those that are seasoned practitioners and want to learn and practice with a focus on the back. This class moves a bit slower than your regular yoga or fitness class, emphasis is the step-by-step guidance for setting up the poses and working with the back.
We will work with principles of alignment, lengthening the spine, creating joint space, using the breath and breathing awareness, experiential anatomy and yogic principles of practice. For all types of structural problems, including pain and postural problems, including scoliosis, knees, hips, neck and shoulder issues. All new students must take the Intro Workshop before attending the Back Care Series.
Registration for the UPCOMING SERIES is NOW OPEN! Click HERE to sign up.
Back Care Series: $175
(Any missed sessions are not refunded or prorated. Space is limited to 4 students. 3-student minimum to hold the series.)
Patricia Videgain is a certified Iyengar yoga teacher and certified yoga therapist. Join her on this luxurious journey toward empowered self-healing and transformation.
Summer Vinyasa Flow Class with Katina on Wednesdays at 9:00am
Now Thru August 21! 😉👍
Wednesdays, 9:00 - 10:15am
Katina is BACK this summer with her amazing vinyasa class. It's a lovely, honest, deliberate, open class that is filled with self compassion. You deserve this class...you really do.
Some benefits of this practice include:
- Decreases stress
- Increases energy levels
- Conditions cardiovascular system
- Increases flexibility
- Helps to quiet the mind
Katina is a registered yoga teacher, having obtained her 200-hour yoga certification from Onyx Yoga Studio She was introduced to yoga when she was in high school, and over time, Katina was transformed by it, and now it is her mission for others to join her on this journey and discover this powerful, simple practice to heal and embrace love and joy. She intuitively knows where to meet the student and guide them gently on this path, allowing them to unfold and discover yoga at their pace. She brings with her a true love of yoga, creating a sacred space for students to deepen their physical and spiritual practice with the ultimate goal of restoring balance and overall wellness.
Current Session underway. The next session starts September 12!
Reclaim Your Power and Your Wisdom Within
Yoga for Women's Health
5:45 - 7:15pm
Summer Series: Thursdays, July 11 - August 8
7/11, 7/18, 7/25, 8/1, & 8/8
Fall I Series: Thursdays, September 12 - October 10
9/12, 9/19, 9/26, 10/3, & 10/10
- With calmness, patience and suspended time, Patricia will guide each student in the art of practicing restorative and therapeutic sequences for this important area of wisdom and life.
- Each session will be unique, but will build off the previous one. BUT! We know summer schedules are crazy, so even if you miss some, you will still get so much out of the series!
- Understand, connect to and begin to reclaim and integrate the territory of the pelvis, hips, lumbar, sacrum and coccyx through Embodied Anatomy, Developmental Movement, and Iyengar Yoga Restorative and Therapeutic techniques.
- Work with the organic and morphologic structures that we carry inside: the organic body, systems, and our sacred organs, and become fully aware that our connection to the womb resides in the pelvis.
- Access the wisdom within. It’s been there all along.
- Discover the subtle and finer adjustments while practicing on and off the mat as well.
Workshop Working Concepts:
- The pelvic area is where our center of gravity lives. Like the keel of a boat, the pelvis provides stability to the spine and a counterweight to the cranium. the structure holds the space for the uro-genital system, and the excretion and reproduction organs.
- Geeta Iyengar says that it is very important for a woman to "feel" her body. Even though a woman who practices yoga postures may have a flexible body, she may still have the tendency to hold her body postures incorrectly. This disturbs her organic body. Understanding the subtle adjustments on the mat as well as while walking, talking, standing, sitting, and breathing. Learn that when asanas and pranayamas are done with accuracy in both "doing the posture correctly" as well as "feeling the body" the mudras and bandhas happen naturally.
- Geeta Iyengar created and shared a body of work for women, that is unique in its scope and bredth, with special reference to the needs of women. Practicing these sequences not only feels good, but the feeling and the experience lasts for a long time. After practicing these sequences, Patricia shares that she she has an overall sense of peace that stays with her for a long time, and that it lasts for several days afterward.
Message from Patrica About the Workshop:
I developed this project because I believe that every woman, regardless of age, can access the wisdom and beauty of her organic body through yoga. This workshop series is a tribute to Geeta Iyengar's lifelong work. She reintroduced yoga practices for the female body in all stages of a woman's life.
In gratitude to her and the senior Iyengar Yoga teachers' contributions to this very specific field: Mira Mehta, Patricia Walden, Lois Steinberg, Bobby Clennell, Gabriella Giubillaro, Bobby Fultz, Alice Browning-Miller, Jaki Nett, Judith Hanson Lasater, and especially my teacher, Theresa Rowland. Without Theresa's dedication, her loving, generous, compassionate teaching and her holding of the space, I would not be teaching today. Thank you so much, Theresa for all you have given me and continue to do! There's not a day that I don't have your soft voice and your teachings with me.
The class is a nod to all the yoga teachers that have touched me with their teaching, both men and women practicing the craft, sharing their voice and continuing the lineage. Because that is the exciting about yoga today. It is the continuation of an old and long thread, dating many centuries back and continuously renewing itself. Also, a special thanks to Dr. Christiane Northrup, Women's Health Expert, for her books and her voice.
It is my hope that this class will be a celebration to the female divine in us. Every woman knows.
Registration NOW OPEN for Fall I Series! Click HERE to sign up.
- Any missed sessions are not refunded or prorated.
- Space is limited, so sign up now!
- A 6-student minimum registered by 9/10 needed to hold the series.
Patricia Videgain is a certified Iyengar yoga teacher and certified yoga therapist.
Join her on this luxurious journey toward empowered self-healing and transformation.
C'mon, jump on in!
Pilates Reformer Jumpboard Class
Mondays 10:00 - 10:55am
Why you should take this class:
Burn Calories Like a Pyromaniac!!
The added cardio element equals a mega-calorie burn and helps to increase stamina and reduce fatigue. It can sometimes prove exhausting for the first few times, but if you stay consistent, your energy levels are bound to increase.
Get a Kick Out of Finding Your Floating Form
The spring tension is less than the pull of gravity, giving you a longer hang time so you can really concentrate on your form in the air to bring your abs in, lengthen your tailbone on the mat, melt your shoulders away from your ears, keep the ribs buttoned and engage your thighs.
On top of burning mega calories, using the Jumpboard is a great abdominal workout that challenges balance, coordination, and the core in a different setting strengthening your muscles.
Enjoy Low Impact Benefits
Since the reformer has taken gravity out of the equation, these jumps are low impact. (Even lower impact than on a trampoline.) Why is that good? Because it is joint-friendly while getting the same benefits of a high-impact workout! Low-impact exercises actually help promote healing and recovery by keeping the joint mobile and increasing strength. Also, Pilates Jumpboard classes help to increase metabolism and helps in the conversion of ingested nutrients into the energy you need to function. It also helps to reduce stress and depression because when you exercise, your body emits endorphins, which are believed to be natural painkillers.
Get Your Heart Rate Up While Lying Down
During a Pilates Jumpboard routine, the heart moves at a quickened pace and the heart rate stays up for some minutes, burning calories. The movements make the muscles stronger and helps to shape the muscles, including the heart.
Yin Yoga -- Friday mornings at 10:30
Fridays from 10:30 - 11:45am
The Yin Practice is Quiet and Deeply Energetic.
This 75-minute class:
• Is perfect for all yogis of any experience level
• Will be mostly done on the floor
• Focuses on the joints of the back, hips and legs
• Brings health to the body’s deeper and less-elastic tissues (joints, tendons, and fascia)
• Explores holding the poses for a long time…anywhere from 2-10 minutes
• Taps into the “stuff” active yang practices can’t reach
• Incorporates meditation as part of the practice
• Offers a much-needed break from our fast-paced yang lifestyles
All are welcome.
Space is limited to 12 and this class fills up FAST!!
Empowered Alignment Flow Class
9:00 - 10:15am
Chara's Empowered Alignment Flow Class is an inspiring blend of alignment-based Yoga linked with fluid vinyasa movements that promote strength, flexibility, alignment and rejuvenation.
All classes are lovingly choreographed around a monthly foundational principle that supports awareness, skill and empowerment both on and off your mat. Options will be offered so you can practice at your comfort level.
You’ll leave feeling renewed, energized and excited about being your best self and living your best life.
PREREGISTER since space is limited to 12 students. Sign up here online.
This is one of our classes that routinely fills to capacity, so be sure to preregister to save your spot. Starting at 5 minutes before class, any No-Show spots are given to those on the Wait List.
Inspirations and practices that empower you!
Chara Rodriguera a mother, a certified Kripalu and Anusara influenced Yoga Instructor, and Life Program Facilitator. Due to stress related issues, she began practicing Yoga in 1995 and has been gratefully teaching since 1997. With backgrounds in the arts and communication, she combines her love of artistry and self-expression into a unique teaching style that is creative, insightful and nurturing. Her classes are an uplifting blend of movement, postures, breathwork and guided meditation, lovingly woven together with words of inspiration. One of Chara’s favorite aspects of teaching is assisting people in transitioning their Yoga practice into everyday life. Each month, she focuses on one foundational principle that supports practitioners both on and off the mat so they may live from a place of greater illumination and empowerment. To learn more about Chara, check out: charatv.com
Sol Path Yoga: 12 Sacred Foundational Principles
12 Sacred Principles to Illuminate Your Journey On and Off the Mat.
Head to Chara.tv for more information about Chara, Sol Path Yoga, and all 12 Foundational Principles.