~ Yoga ~
While yoga is a vast subject, the word yoga means “union” or “harmony.”
It is both a philosophical system and a science whose goal is the alignment of the body, mind, and spirit. Through this alignment or union, optimal health and awareness of one's true essence is attained.
Yoga's history is enshrouded in the prehistory of India. Evidence of Yoga practices has been found in the Indus Valley civilization of 2,000-4,000 B.C.E
Today in our modern world, the goal of yoga may be different for each person. The physical practice of yoga integrates the functions of the mind, body, and breath.
Benefits of yoga include:
- Brings balance and harmony to the body, mind, and spirit
- Helps increase strength, flexibility, range of motion, and balance
- Calms the mind, reduces stress and anxiety
- Slows heart rate
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increase circulation
- Strengthens and tones the muscles
- Helps to detoxify the system
- Improves function of the internal organs
- Balances muscular system
- Increases metabolism and energy
- Can help reduce depression, stress, and insomnia
Here is a TEST video as part of our attempts to offer classes online.